Pet Parade Rules
THE ANIMAL PLANET VIRTUAL PET PARADE CONTEST
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA WHO ARE 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AND WHO RECEIVE AN INVITE FROM DISCOVERY COMMUNICATIONS, INC.
18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER.
THIS CONTEST IS NOT AVAILABLE OUTSIDE THE U.S.A.
ALL FEDERAL, STATE, AND LOCAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY.
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
1. Eligibility: The Animal Planet Pet Parade Contest (the "Contest") is sponsored by Discovery Communications, Inc. ("Sponsor"). The Contest is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who are 18 years of age or older and receive an invite from Sponsor. The entry period for this Contest begins at 12:00 am Eastern Time ("ET") on September 910, 20132, and ends at 11:59 p.m. ET on October 78, 20132 ("Entry Period"). Officers, directors, and employees of Sponsor, members of these persons’ immediate families (spouses and/or parents, children, and siblings, and their spouses); and/or persons living in the same households as such persons (whether or not related thereto) are ineligible to enter the Contest.
2. How to Enter: In order to enter the Contest, entrants will submit a photo of their dog dressed in an Animal Planet costume to ProductsDiscovery@discovery.com during the entry period.
The entry must be the original work of the entrant, may not have been previously published, may not have won previous awards, and must not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, rights of privacy, publicity or other intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity.
Entries must comply with the following guidelines to be eligible:
Entry may not be sexually explicit or suggestive, unnecessarily violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group, profane or pornographic, or contain nudity;
Entry may not promote alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing) or any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous;
Entry may not be obscene or offensive, endorse any form of hate or hate group;
Entry may not defame, misrepresent or contain disparaging remarks about Sponsor, or other products, people or companies;
Entry may not contain trademarks, logos or trade dress (such as distinctive packaging or building exteriors/interiors) owned by others, or advertise or promote any brand or product of any kind, without permission, or contain any personal identification, such as license plate numbers, personal names, e-mail addresses or street addresses;
Entry may not contain copyrighted materials owned by others (including music, photographs, sculptures, paintings and other works of art or images published on or in websites, television, movies or other media) without permission;
Entry may not contain materials embodying the names, likenesses, photographs, or other indicia identifying any person, living or dead, without permission;
Entry may not communicate messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which Sponsor wishes to associate; and
Entry may not depict and may not itself be in violation of any law or otherwise.
Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entry for any reason, in their sole and absolute discretion, including its determination in their sole discretion that an entry fails to satisfy any of the above requirements.
Entrants grant Sponsor an exclusive, royalty-free, irrevocable license to use, edit, reproduce, copy, publish, display, distribute, perform, translate, adapt, modify, and otherwise exploit the Entry throughout the universe in perpetuity. Entrants warrant that they have the sole and exclusive right to grant such rights to Sponsor, and that the Sponsor's reproduction, publishing, displaying, and/or other use of the Entry will not infringe on any rights of third parties, including, but not limited to, copyright, trademark, privacy, or publicity rights, anywhere in the world. No party other than the dog’s owner may have any right or title in or to the Photo or any portion thereof. Entrants agree that Sponsor shall have no obligation to copy, publish, display, or otherwise exploit the Entry.
Multiple Contest Entries received from any person beyond this limit will be disqualified. Contest Entries that are incomplete, garbled, corrupted, or unintelligible for any reason, including, but not limited to, computer or network malfunction or congestion (including, without limitation, at Sponsor's and/or any other entity's servers), are void and will not be accepted. Entries that are not reasonably pertinent to the judging criteria (described below), as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, or are otherwise in violation of these Official Rules will be disqualified.
3. WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION:
PUBLIC VOTING PERIOD & WINNER SELECTION: All entries will be posted at www.animalplanet.com/petparade (the "Site") on or about October 15, 2013 for a period of public voting which will end at 11:59 PM ET on October 30, 2013 ("Public Voting Period"). During the Public Voting Period, visitors to the Site will be asked to vote for their favorite entry. There is no limit to the number of times you may vote during the Public Voting Period, however votes generated by script, macro or other automated means will be void.
You will be required to refresh your browser after placing your vote in order to vote again. Also, you may need to clear your cache periodically so you can view the most recent votes and status.
The entry that receives the most votes in the last bracket competition will be deemed to be the Grand Prize winner. The Grand Prize winner will be notified by phone and/or e-mail on or about October 31, 2013.
In the event of a tie at any level, a random drawing will be conducted among the tied entries to determine the Grand Prize winner. Decisions of the Sponsor are final in all matters relating to this Contest and are not open to appeal.
4. Prizes/Odds of Winning: [One (1) Grand Prize]: The Grand Prize winner will receive an opportunity to write a guest post on Animal Planet’s “Daily Treat” blog and an Animal Planet prize pack (ARV: $50 USD). No substitution or transfer for the Grand Prize (or prize component), except that Sponsor, at its sole discretion, may substitute a prize (or prize component) with a prize of equal or greater value, whether due to the unavailability of a prize (or prize component), or for any other reason. All federal, state, or other taxes (if applicable) including, without limitation, income taxes, are the sole responsibility of Grand Prize winner. Grand Prize winner will receive an IRS form 1099 from Sponsor for the total ARV of the Grand Prize (stated herein) for the 2013 tax year. As applicable, prize and prize notification will be delivered to an address within the United States.
5. General Conditions: This Contest is subject to these Official Rules and all federal, state and local laws and regulations (collectively “Rules and Laws”). Once submitted, Entries will not be returned. Except where prohibited by law, entry into the Contest constitutes permission (except where prohibited by law) for Sponsor to use, without notice or further compensation, worldwide, and in perpetuity, in any and all forms of media including but not limited to public voting, now known and hereafter devised, such Entrant’s first name, last initial, city, state, likeness, pictures, Photographs, Video, voice, biographical information and statements, for purposes of advertising, trade, promotion and publicity. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it (or its authorized designee hosting the Website) finds to be: (i) tampering with, as applicable, the entry process or otherwise with the operation of the Contest (including, but not limited to, the use of automated computer programs or any non-human mechanism, entity, or device), the Website, or any Web page or Web banner ad related to the Contest; (ii) acting in violation of the Official Rules; (iii) acting in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, harass, harm, mislead, or defraud any other individual or entity; or (iv) otherwise in violation of law. Any person attempting to defraud the Sponsor in any way tamper with the Contest will be ineligible to win the prize and Sponsor will seek all remedies available to it, including, if appropriate, filing appropriate complaints with legal authorities. If, for any reason, the Contest or the Website (or any portion thereof) becomes corrupted, or is not capable of running as originally planned, or does not allow the proper playing of the Contest and processing of Contest Entries in accordance with these Official Rules, or if infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, actions by Entrants, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes, in the Sponsor’s sole opinion, corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Contest or the granting of a prize or any component thereof, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual implicated in such action and/or to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Contest or any portion thereof and to conduct the judging and award the prize from all eligible, salvageable Contest Entries received (if any), prior to and/or after (as appropriate) the action taken by Sponsor or otherwise in a manner that is fair and equitable as determined by Sponsor.
6. Limitation of Liability: Sponsor is not responsible or liable for Entries that are entered by other than human means (such as by an automated computer program or any non-human mechanism, entity, or device), in excess of the stated limits, or for Entries that are illegible, late, forged, destroyed, lost, misplaced, stolen, misdirected, tampered with, incomplete, deleted, damaged, garbled, altered, postage-due, mutilated, destroyed, or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules, whether caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest, or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of Entries in the Contest, or for failure to receive Entries due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind and such Entries will be disqualified. By entering the Contest, each Entrant irrevocably agrees and acknowledges to be bound by the Official Rules and all applicable laws, and decisions of the Sponsor which are final and binding in all respects; to forever and irrevocably waive all of his/her rights to claim ambiguity with respect to the Official Rules and to waive all of his/her rights to bring any claim, action, or proceeding against the Sponsor in connection with the Contest; and to forever and irrevocably release, indemnify, and hold harmless the Sponsor and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, employees, agents, shareholders, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively the “Releasees”), from any liability (including, but not limited to, liability for defamation, libel, slander, invasion of privacy, infringement of publicity or any intellectual property rights, any property loss, damage, personal injury, bodily injury, death, expense, accident, delay, inconvenience or irregularity, and any indirect, incidental, consequential, special, punitive or exemplary damages of any kind even if the Releasees have been advised of the possibility of such loss or damages), costs and expenses (including, without limitation, reasonable outside attorneys’ fees) that may arise from, result from or are in connection with: (a) the Contest, including but not limited to any Contest-related activity or element thereof, and the Entry, participation or inability to participate in the Contest, (b) the violation of any privacy, personal, publicity or proprietary rights, (c) typographical errors in these Official Rules or any Contest promotional materials, (d) acceptance, attendance at, participation in, possession, defects in, use, misuse or inability to use the prize (or any component thereof), (e) any change in the prizing (or any components thereof) due to unavailability, business or creative considerations, or due to reasons beyond Sponsor’s control, including but not limited to by reason of any acts of God, any action(s), regulation(s), order(s), or request(s) by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity (whether or not such action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) prove(s) to be invalid), equipment failure, threatened or actual terrorist acts, earthquake, war, fire, flood, explosion, unusually severe weather, hurricane, embargo, labor dispute or strike (whether legal or illegal), labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, work slow-down, civil disturbance, insurrection, riot, or any other cause beyond any of the Sponsor’s’ control, or as otherwise permitted in these Official Rules, (f) any interruptions in or postponement, cancellation, or modification of the Contest, (g) human error, (h) incorrect or inaccurate transcription, receipt or transmission of any part of the Contest Entry (including, without limitation, the Entry Information or any parts thereof), (i) any system, computer timing and/or dating mechanism, computer equipment, software, or Internet service provider utilized by the Sponsor or by a Entrant, (j) interruption or inability to access the Contest, the Website or any other Contest-related web pages, or any online service via the Internet due to hardware or software compatibility problems, (k) any damage to Entrant’s (or any third person’s) computer and/or its contents related to or resulting from any part of the Contest, (l) any lost/delayed data transmissions, omissions, interruptions, defects, and/or any other destroyed, incomplete, undeliverable or damaged Contest Entries, (n) any wrongful, negligent, or unauthorized act or omission on the part the Sponsor, or any of their agents or employees, (o) any wrongful, negligent, or unauthorized act of omission on the part of a prize supplier or any of its agents, servants, employees or independent contractors, (p) lost, late, stolen, misdirected, damaged or destroyed prizing (or any element thereof), (q) or any other cause, condition, or event whatsoever beyond the control of the Sponsor or its parents, subsidiaries, and affiliated companies. Entrant understands that the Sponsor may have in the past or in the present or future explore programs and ideas generated by employees or other outside sources that resemble the Entry. Entrant understands that it is not uncommon for more than one individual or company to originate substantially similar ideas, independently. You agree to renounce any claim that Discovery misappropriated any ideas or portions of the entry in any future programs or activities. Each Entrant hereby acknowledges that the Sponsor has neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any express or implied warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the prize or any component thereof. This Contest is governed by the laws of the State of Maryland, with jurisdiction and venue in Montgomery County, Maryland, and all claims must be resolved in the courts of Montgomery County, Maryland.
7. Rules/Prize Winner Information: For a copy of these Official Rules or the Prize Winner Information, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: The Animal Planet Virtual Pet Parade Contest Prize Winner Information, One Discovery Place, Silver Spring, MD 20910. All requests must be received by December 31, 2013.
8. Sponsor: Discovery Communications, LLC, One Discovery Place, Silver Spring, MD 20910.
©2013 Discovery Communications, LLC